Fiction category -
- Anneliese Schultz of Richmond, BC for "Bread"
- Paula Lemke of Langley, BC for "Pilgrimage"
- Louise Sidley of Rossland, BC for "Nemo Creek"
- Lynn Salmon of Courtenay, BC for "Sakura"
First Nations category -
- Guuduniia La Boucan of Victoria, BC for "Del's Truck"
Creative Non-fiction category -
- Tom Gee of Osoyoos, BC for "Oh, My Poppa"
- Bobbie Ogletree of Nelson, BC for " Queen For A Day"
- Susan Pieters of Burnaby, BC for "Singing Solo"
- Gloria Lorenzen of Duncan, BC for "The Descent El Descenso"
Poetry category -
- KB Nelson (Karen Black) of Langley, BC for "Celebrating the Natural World and the Humans In It"
- Gladys McDonald of Moose Jaw, SK for " The Saturday Night Routine"
- Elizabeth Cunningham of Nelson, BC for " Words to Make a Day for You"
Here are excerpts from the work of our 2016 and 2015 winners, and some of our finalists from those years.